In 28 years on the staff at Tennessee, Holly Warlick has helped the Lady Vols reach the NCAA Women’s Final Four 16 times and win eight NCAA titles. During her tenure on the UT staff, the Big Orange has claimed 29 combined SEC regular-season and post-season tournament championships and won 858 games. Last year, in her first season as head coach, she led Tennessee to the 2013 SEC regular-season championship and NCAA Elite Eight.
- 2013 SEC Coach of the Year
- 2013 WBCA Spalding Maggie Dixon Division I Rookie Coach of the Year
- Coached the 2013 SEC Co-Player of the Year and the 2013 SEC Freshman of the Year
The all-time winningest basketball coach (men or women) in NCAA history with a career record of 1,098-208, Pat Summitt directed the Lady Vol program for 38 seasons. Summitt not only graduated every player who completed her career at Tennessee, but she guided her teams to eight NCAA titles, 16 SEC regular-season championships and 16 SEC tournament title. She also produced 21 WBCA All-Americans, 12 Olympians and 34 young women who went on to play in the WNBA.
- The University of Tennessee has a diverse student body, representing more than 100 countries and all 50 states.
- Forbes magazine listed UT in its 2012 edition of “America’s Best Colleges,” based on the quality of education, student experiences and achievements.
- Tennessee has been ranked the 20th safest university campus in America out of the 135 surveyed by Reader’s Digest.
- UT was recognized by The Princeton Review for its commitment to diversity and civility, and for opportunities for research or original creative work in every degree program.
- The Thornton Athletics Student Life Center offers a tremendous resource for UT student-athletes, offering academic counseling, tutoring, writing/math assistance, resume building, life skills development, time management/organization training and aid with the transition from high school to college.